ISLAMIC CENTER OF READING, PA - ICORPA
As-Salamou Alaikoum, Brothers, Sisters, and Friends and Welcome to the Islamic Center of Reading, PA (ICORPA)
The mission of the Islamic Center of Reading, PA - ICORPA is to serve the religious needs of Muslims in Reading, Berks County, PA by providing a place of worship and educational services to its community members, and to serve as a resource for those interested in learning about Islam and Muslims!
The Islamic Center of Reading, PA - ICORPA has set forth goals to help build strong interfaith relations between Muslims and people of other faiths (Christianity and Judaism) and religious traditions, break religious barriers and build bridges instead so that we may come to know one another, understand and respect each other belief.
Let us unite (Muslims, Christians, and Jewish) so that our community may prosper with the will of Allah!
At the Islamic Center of Reading, PA, we offer various services that include but are not limited to the following;
- Sunday school classes - To children ages 5-16
- Quran classes - Quranic classes for your children
- Zakat distribution - Alms giving is a charitable practice giving by the Muslims based on accumulated wealth
- Marriage ceremonies - The couple must first obtain a marriage license from the state
- Shahada ceremony - Profession of faith that makes someone Muslim
- Funeral services (Janazah) - Help Muslim families in making funeral and burial arrangements according to the Islamic teaching
Events and Activities at ICORPA
We have various events and activities for our Muslim community which include but are not limited to:
- Sunday school Quranic recitation contest
- The two Eids celebrations
- Islam around the world contest
- Annual Islamic community picnic
The best source for learning Islam
- Don't know Arabic? No Problems! Grab a copy of "The Holy Quran - By M. Pickthall" from Amazon, or you can read it Online!
- Visit a Muslim place of worship - Mesjid (Mosque)
- Ask an Imam (A religious Muslim leader)
Avoid getting your information about Islam from a biased source, the news media, or from some websites because the information might be biased, incorrect, or manipulated to meet their specific agenda such as to spread hate and disunite Us!
What Islam Teaches?
- Love - Love your neighbors without regard to their religious belief, race, gender or color
- Respect - Respect your neighbors, their honor and their property
- Protect - Protect your neighbor from any harm (physical or mental)
- Help - Help your neighbor or any one needing help without regard to religion, race, gender, ethnic background, or color
The above also applies to other creation of Allah such as our Earth, Animals and Jinns! Remember, every good deed you perform towards someone (again, without regard to religion, race, and so on), or animals, Allah will rewards you either here in this world, or in the hereafter!
The Islamic Center of Reading, PA - ICORPA is located at 18 S. Noble Street, Reading, PA 19611. You are welcome to contact us at 610.478.1338, or via email for any questions you might have about Islam, our Muslim community, and any future events scheduled by The Islamic Center of Reading, PA - ICORPA!
Thank you for visiting Icorpa.org and we look forward to meeting you at the Mesjid (Mosque), or at an Interfaith dialogue event near you!
Islamic Center of Reading, PA - ICORPA
18 S. Noble Street - Reading, PA 19611
Serving the Religious needs of Muslims in Reading, PA, Berks County!